The best way to understand your medical options is to ask a professional. The questions below can help.
Questions to ask your physician:
- Could surgery be the answer for me? Why?
- What are my alternatives?
- Can you recommend a surgeon who performs the videoscopic or laparoscopic procedure?
- If surgery is for me, what are the next steps?
- If videoscopic or laparoscopic surgery is right for you, your doctor may refer you to a surgeon who can better address your concerns. These additional questions may help.
Questions to ask your surgeon:
- Are you board-certified?
- How many times have you performed this procedure?
- What have the outcomes been?
- What are the complications and/or side effects?
- What should I do to prepare for the surgery?
- What can I expect following surgery?
- Can you give me the name of one of your patients who has had the procedure so I can talk to him/her?