Take this test, based on a test from the American College of Gastroenterology, to see if you’re a GERD sufferer and are taking the right steps to treat it.
Do you frequently have one or more of the following:
- An uncomfortable feeling behind the breastbone that seems to be moving upward from the stomach?
- A burning sensation in the back of your throat?
- A bitter acid taste in your mouth?
- Do you often experience these problems after meals?
- Do you experience heartburn or acid indigestion two or more times per week?
- Do you find that antacids only provide temporary relief from your symptoms?
- Do you take the maximum dosage of over-the-counter medication?
- Are you taking prescription medication to treat heartburn and still having symptoms?
- Do you have trouble swallowing or persistent abdominal pain?
If you said “yes” to two or more of the above, you may have GERD. To know for sure, contact our practice for an evaluation. You may also want to follow the links below to learn more about your treatment options.