Protein Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
After undergoing weight loss surgery, patients need to adjust their diet to adapt to a healthier lifestyle. With help from our team at Suburban Surgical Care Specialists/Kane Center, this change can be both simple and delicious! Many of the recipes we share include Bariatric Advantage® Nutritional Supplements and High Protein Meal Replacement ingredients, which are easy and quick to make. Read below for a recipe for vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Vanilla Protein Cupcakes
- 1 cup (113g) Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix (you can use regular cake mix or chocolate cake mix with chocolate HPMR, or red velvet cake mix with chocolate HPMR)
- 2 scoops (or 2 packets) Vanilla HPMR (can substitute other flavors of HPMR)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray or grease a 12-muffin tin or prepare 12 silicone baking cups.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs and almond milk. Stir.
- With a spoon, fill each baking cup about halfway.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Cool and serve.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
1 cupcake: Protein: 7g, Carbs: 7g (1g fiber, 1g sugar), Fat: 3g, Calories: 85
Cream Cheese Protein Frosting
- 8oz fat free cream cheese
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 scoops (or 1 packet) vanilla HPMR (again, you can use other flavors of HPMR)
- ¾ cup whipped topping (i.e. Cool Whip)
- Combine all of your ingredients together into a bowl and mix.
- Top cupcakes after they have cooled.
Makes frosting for 12 cupcakes.
1 serving: 40 calories, Carbs: 3g (1g fiber), Fat: 0g, Protein: 5